Sunday, June 23, 2013

Kodomo no Uta (kids song)

I'm sure every country has their own kids song. So, have you guys ever heard about Sakura song? It is one of Japanese kids song that represents Japan. It is also popular in another country such America. You can tell Sakura song already become a worldwide kids song. 

Play the song: 
sakura song

Okay, so sakura song, is a song that depicting spring in Japan. As we know, spring in Japan is also known as the cherry blossom (sakura) season. It is belief that the melody of this song is a urban melody from Edo period and the song become more popular in Meiji period.



The translation :

Cherry blossoms, cherry blossoms,
Across the Spring sky,
As far as you can see.
Is it a mist, or clouds?
Fragrant in the air.
Come now, come,
Let's look, at last!

Well I actually love this song. I know this song since I was a kid, I always curious about the title and I never know this is one of Japanese kids song before. How about you guys, do you like this song? :)

Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/sakura_(folk_song)
Video: courtesy of youtube
Song translation by : mamalisa.com

No comments:

Post a Comment